With the stress of moving, quitting my job and growing up, my skin has been paying the price. I can’t seem to get rid of the breakouts, and I can just feel the wrinkles coming on. So I was super excited when I found this post on The Urban Realist. The stage after teen acne and before fine line wrinkles can be heaven for some, but for others, it can be a skin nightmare. Luckily, Pangie Skrine of White Salon & Spa shared her tips on one of my favorite blogs.
Written by Pangie Skrine
This week, celebrity esthetician Pangie Skrine of White Salon & Spa located in Buckhead shares her top tips for keeping your skin healthy.
1. Eat Right-Properly caring for your skin during the summer and early fall months actually starts inside! Eating ample fruits and vegetables that are high in antioxidants combats free radicals and promotes a clear, healthy complexion. Staying away from dairy products will also aid in keeping your skin clear, no matter the season!
2. Spray Yourself Sexy-To still attain that healthy glow that’s desired during the summer, opt for a spray tan rather than exposing your skin to damaging UVA and UVB rays for hours on end. Prior to your spray tanning session, be sure to exfoliate for the best results.
3. NO BARS ALLOWED-Resist the temptation of using bar soap to cleanse your skin – although it may leave you feeling squeaky-clean, it will also over-dry your skin and lead to more oil production rather than less. Instead, opt for a gentle, natural body wash.
4. Bathe Those Brushes-Keeping your makeup brushes and other skincare supplies clean is key to reducing those troublesome summer breakouts. Aim to wash your brushes once a month in mild soap and water. Leave them to dry the overnight, and you’ll be ready to go in the morning!
5. SPF Love-Always remember that your skin is the largest organ of your body – if you take extra care to nourish your complexion through diligent use of SPF in the summer months, your skin will love you back!