While I don’t live up north, I’ve heard enough about this blizzard to feel like I do. So while I won’t be experiencing the polar winds and freezing temps, I will be inside at home avoiding the frigid 40s here in Atlanta. And since I’m an expert at being trapped inside thanks to my hurricane days in Florida, I’ve become a pro at distractions. Here’s my list of what to do during the 2015 Snowpocalypse (with a glass of wine in hand, obvi):
1. Organize your closet
When do people have time to color coordinate or even shift seasonal clothes? Right now. That’s when. Get to it! Camille Styles has a helpful guide if you need a little motivation.
2. Work out
I remember a couple years ago I worked out in our building’s gym for the first time because the internet was out. I had no idea what to do with myself. Even if you don’t have a gym, do some crunches or follow one of those at home workout guides.
3. Game Night with the Neighbors
If you’re trapped at home alone, grab a bottle and some neighbors and set up a fun game night. Cards Against Humanity is my fave! It may be lame to some, but I seriously LOVE game night. Plus most games can be turned into drinking games. Double win.
4. Shop Online
And finally, the best distraction of all: online shopping! Just remember, shipping might be delayed a day or two. Here’s a round up of some current sales to make up for it:
- UP TO 75% OFF SALE J.CREW code FINDAFAV promotion ends 1.27.15
- UP TO 50% OFF OLD NAVY no code promotion ends 1.28.15
- UP TO 75% OFF LORD AND TAYLOR code FINAL promotion ends 2.3.15
- FREE SHIPPING AT ANTHROPOLOGIE ON $150+ code FS150 limited time only
- 30% OFF REGULAR + 50% OFF SALE AT GAP code SAVE promotion ends 1.28.15
- FINAL CLEARANCE UP TO 70% OFF SALE AT ASOS no code limited time only
- GET 10% OFF YOUR ORDER AT RIFFRAFF code LUSHTOBLUSH always