This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this blog up and running. Thank you for your support!
March 18, 2021
Going to the beach is always so much fun! But often times we end up looking like a hot mess with all the wind, heat and oil that we have been basking in all day long. Now it’s time to go get dinner and drinks and be seen in public. Don’t worry, you can carry everything you’ll need in your beach bag and we’ll have you going from beach bum to bronzed goddess in no time. You’ll just need these 7 items.
1. A nice Coverup. Instead of opting for those denim cutoffs and tank, exchange your usual beach wear for something a little nicer, yet casual and relaxing like a maxi dress.
2. Wedges. Wedges are always great casual shoes for dinner and drinks. They give you the height and take your entire look up a level without going over the top. Choose neutral colors or cork wedges for that beachy vibe.
3. Simple Statement Earrings. You might have already been wearing earrings all day, so if they match continue to wear them, but if not, switch them out for something with a little more pizazz. Turquoise is always a great color for tropical nights.
4. Oil Blotting Sheets. Ok, so laying out and oil go hand in hand, but your face doesn’t have to show that. If you don’t have the chance to run to a bathroom and rinse off your face, oil sheets will do just fine.
5. Concealer. When going beachy, makeup is not a necessity. In fact, it can often times just make you seem a little… superficial. So instead of caking it on, only use concealer if you need it. A day at the beach leaves your skin glowing; why cover that up?
6. Waterproof Mascara. Although you might be done with water for the evening, it is still a good idea to stick to waterproof mascara due to all the extra oils on your skin. Apply a quick, light coat and you’re ready to go.
7. Beach Waves Hair Serum. Beach waves is a look that virtually everyone goes after, especially in the summertime. So if you already have the natural thing going, add a little spritz and solidify it. If you just end up looking like Ke$ha after a rough night, pull your hair back into a nice braid.
Is there anything you would add to the list?
AllSaints maxi dress / ALDO high heels / Kenneth Jay Lane turquoise jewelry / Columbia straw hat / Face makeup, $9.83 / Rimmel London waterproof mascara / NYX concealer, $14 / Fekkai styling product / Little Black Bag | Midnight Karlie City Slicker Striped Tote by… / Little Black Bag | Tortoise Oversized Round Sunglasses by Steve Madden