If I could live off of one food for the rest of my life, it would be pizza. But since that would probably cause my untimely death, my backup option is kale. I seriously love kale. It can be used in so many different ways and is such a tasty treat all on its own (I’d choose savory over sweet 10 times out of 10). So obvi I found a way to combine the two to create true euphoric bliss in food form.
My garlic kale pizza recipe is so quick and easy, sometimes I eat it twice in one week. Here’s how I make it:
1 piece of naan bread (I use garlic naan)
2 cloves garlic
5 oz fresh mozzarella
2 stalks kale, stem removed & chopped
2 tsp olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
1. First, you’ll need to warm the kale in a pan with 1 tsp and 1 clove of garlic, chopped on medium-high heat. Cook for about 5 minutes, tossing every minute or so. Add a pinch of salt & pepper to taste. Be careful – you don’t need much salt!
2. As the kale cooks, prep the naan by brushing a thin layer of olive oil on top. Slice 1 garlic clove into thin slivers and place on the naan.
3. Slice the mozzarella into thin strips & sprinkle about 1/3 of it on the bread.
4. When the kale is ready, place on the pizza and then sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella on top.
5. Cook in the oven or toaster oven on 400˚ for 5-10 minutes.
That’s it! Slice it up and serve it warm. This simple garlic kale pizza recipe is delish and definitely healthier than ordering delivery.
How do you make homemade pizza?
Photos by Johnny Cheng.