This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this blog up and running. Thank you for your support!
January 9, 2014
Last week, I shared my gift guide for the working girl. This week, I’m focusing on the creative. It can be hard to shop for a creative person, because we tend to be drawn toward things you can’t find at a typical store. Creatives usually love supporting other creatives and are always looking for inspiration. Here are a few items I’d love to receive this holiday season, and I think your special creative will love them as well.
1. FOTOstrap: Whether your creative is a professional photographer or not, he or she likely has a camera to snap inspiring sightings throughout the day. Personalize the leather shoulder pad with their initials or business logo to make this gift extra special. Bonus: 10% of the proceeds go to the company’s dedicated charity,FOTOlanthropy, a non-profit that gives portrait sessions and short films to inspiring people who are overcoming adversity.*
2. Personalized Photo Book: Everyone has special moments in their lives that have been captured on film. Help your creative cherish those memories forever with a photo book, like the one pictured by Artifact Uprising. If you can’t get your hands on their personal photos, get their Instagram feed printed instead.
3. Hand Illustrated Cards: Need a card or gift card to go along with your gift? Look no further, Lana’s Shop offers an amazing selection. Don’t see something that’s perfect? Ask for a custom illustration, the shop owner is willing to create anything your heart desires. Stay tuned for a giveaway coming on Wednesday!
4. Darby Smart: Does your creative friend love DIY? Well, you don’t have to be DIY savvy too to get the perfect gift. Darby Smart does all the leg work for you. The site puts together DIY boxes full of all the supplies needed to create a specific project. An added perk: they can save the leftovers for future DIYs.
5. Darling Magazine: Who doesn’t love an uplifting and inspiring message? Well, Darling Magazine is full of them. This quarterly mag is all about “the art of being a woman.” Check out their blog to get the scoop and order a copy for your creative (and maybe for yourself too!).