This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this blog up and running. Thank you for your support!
October 29, 2022
If there’s one dish that’s my all-time favorite dish to make, it’s this one. Well, this and baked mac & cheese, which is almost exactly the same as this recipe. In fact, this recipe is adapted from my grandma’s famous baked mac and cheese. The broccoli one just makes me feel healthier – ha! I honestly love broccoli and I clearly love cheese, so this baked broccoli cheese casserole recipe is the best of both. This is the dish I bring to potluck gatherings and it’s always a hit. So of course I have to make it for Thanksgiving too!
Check out the rest of the Holiday Hosting Series, including more Thanksgiving recipes here!
Baked Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- 1 head broccoli
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded colby jack
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 clove garlic; minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease pan
- Beat two eggs and one egg white in large mixing bowl
- Mix in milk, water, butter, garlic, and seasonings
- Add 3/4 cup cheese to mixture
- Wash and cut broccoli florets; place in greased pan
- Pour mixture into pan over broccoli
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 20 minutes
- Remove aluminum foil and cook for another 15 minutes
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top and broil until golden brown
Without fail, every time I make this, someone asks me for my broccoli cheese casserole recipe. I guess I’ll have to send them this post from now on!
What’s your favorite casserole to make?
Pin for Later:
Photos by Ryan Carpenter.