This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this blog up and running. Thank you for your support!
When it comes to summer beauty, I typically like to keep it simple. The most laid-back of seasons doesn’t call for a dramatic smokey eye or a crazy bold lip; a subtle glow and some shimmer is all you need. I have a makeup routine that I stick to pretty regularly. Summer is all about that glow. Here’s how I do my makeup during the warmer months:
1. Start with a fresh clean face. I always use moisturizer and SPF primer to get a nice clean slate.
2. Apply foundation with the EcoTools Stippling Brush and blend into the neck. Set foundation with a powder.
3. Next is where the glow comes in. I put my Wander Beauty On-the-Glow highlighter on my cheekbones and blend with my fingers. Then I take the Tapered Blush Brush and apply bronzer right beneath my cheekbones, above my temples and along my jawline. Then I do a once over my face with the leftover powder on the brush and blend.
4. I always make sure to set my makeup with some finishing powder using a kabuki brush. My angled EcoTools one is the best I’ve ever used. It’s so soft and fluffy!
5. I know you’re technically supposed to do your eye makeup before your face but whatever. I literally never do that so step 4 is to apply a little shadow. Here, I used Bare Minerals “chic” on the whole eye using the softer side of the my double sided eye brush and “carefree” on the lid using the other side.
6. A little cateye is always my eyeliner go to. I make sure I have the perfect wing with a small angled liner brush.
7. Finally, my favorite step is mascara. I have been using Maybelline Full N Soft for like almost 15 years. It. Is. Da. Bomb.
8. Finish off the look with a nice lip color. I love my new AERIN beauty lipsticks!
What’s your go to summer beauty look?
Photos by Johnny Cheng.