This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this blog up and running. Thank you for your support!
If you’re a fan of fashion, watching the Oscars is an absolute must. I love seeing all the looks that come down the red carpet. It’s so much fun to get inspired and try to think of ways to recreate the look in a more casual, normal person way. So throwing and going to Oscar parties is always a lot of fun for me. Here are my essentials for a good Oscars Party:
1. Cute Invites: Set the tone of the evening from the beginning. If you’re going for a glam theme, use a glam invite. If it’s more casual, reflect that in the invitation. I personally love to use Paperless Post. It’s quick, easy and free. Plus the designs are super freakin’ cute and I can’t get enough of em.
2. Fresh Bites: No matter who you are, you need to eat. Nothing sucks more than being stuck somewhere without any food. Or is that just me? Either way, you should provide your guests with little snacks, or a meal if you’re gettin’ real fancy, for the evening.
3. A Tasty Cocktail: Ok, I lied. There is something worse than no food at a party: no booze. One great option for an Oscars Party is Bailey’s. It is undeniably delicious and there are so many yummy recipes you can make with it. Check this one out:
Add some fabulous to your evening with this decadent blend of Baileys Vanilla Cinnamon and pure gold leaf.
• 1 oz. Baileys® Vanilla Cinnamon
• 0.5 oz. Goldschlager® Cinnamon Schnapps Edible gold flakes (Optional – found at most baking stores)
• Rim shot glass with gold flakes. Mix ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into a shot glass.
Legal: This recipe contains no more than 0.6 fl oz. of alcohol per serving.
After you have everything set up and the guests arrive, get the conversation going and create best and worst dressed lists or have guests point out their favorite beauty looks. Most of all, just enjoy the evening with your friends.
Have you ever thrown an Oscars Party? What is on your must-have list?
“Baileys Irish Cream. Stay Stylish. Drink Responsibly.”
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Diageo via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Diageo. Diageo reserved the right to repost assets, quotes, and blog posts via their owned digital properties noting the author.