This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this blog up and running. Thank you for your support!
October 28, 2022
I started making my warm veggie soup probably 7-8 years ago. It’s basically my own take on minestrone sans the pasta. My sister and I love minestrone soup, but we always take out the pasta, so instead of ordering something and altering it, I decided to recreate it myself making a version that’s perfect for me. As a vegetarian, I always have to make sure I get my nutrients, and this vegetable stew recipe provides plenty with three different beans and hearty veggies. It’s full of savory and garlicky flavor and packs a nice little punch of heat.
Since I’ve been doing a Holiday Hosting series, I figured I might as well share this warm, cozy veggie soup recipe that will be good all winter long! My personal preference is a soupier consistency, but if you’re going for that vegetable stew style, then simply reduce the amount of water added. Easy! This soup will be enjoyed by vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. Serve with a slice of warm toast and sprinkle a touch of parmesan for the perfect cozy lunch or dinner. And as always, please let me know if you try this recipe!
Tuscan Vegetable Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp garlic seasoning
- 1 tsp onion seasoning
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups water
- 28 oz vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups kale, ribs removed and chopped
- 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 cups canned red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup canned pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup white beans (drained and rinsed)
- Warm oil and butter in a large pot
- Add onions and garlic, let simmer for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally
- Add carrots and celery. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add cayenne, garlic seasoning, onion seasoning, italian seasoning, and bay leaf
- Add 14oz of broth and 2 cups of water. For a thicker vegetable stew, reduce to 1 cup of water. Simmer on medium-low for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add zucchini, kale, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and remaining broth. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and all three beans
- Simmer on low heat for 1-2 hours
- Optional: Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve with toasted italian bread
What’s your favorite soup recipe for winter?
Pin for Later:
Photos by Ryan Carpenter.