This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this blog up and running. Thank you for your support!
When it comes to my hair, I usually stick to the same styles: down & wavy, down & straight, or a side braid. With such ling hair, surely there are more options right? Well, I was browsing Pinterest today and saw a really pretty high pony. It inspired me to try it myself. Here’s how I did it!
1. Blow dry hair using the EcoTools Styler + Smoother.
2. Brush through hair using the EcoTools Sleek + Shine brush.
3. Twirl hair into a low bun and let sit for about an hour or however long you have until you have to go do something.
4. Put hair in a high pony. You should have some waves, but it might not be very voluminous – totes ok!
5. Start with the under half of the ponytail and curl 1″ pieces with a wand. When you get to the upper half, separate it into smaller pieces – about 1/4 of an inch. Use the smaller end of the wand for these pieces.
7. Slightly tease the top layer with the EcoTools Sleek + Shine brush.
And that’s it! I’ve recently discovered what a huge difference different brushes make in the outcome of your hair. I always knew there were round brushes and paddle brushes, but these days I’m using at least 3 different brushes daily. My favorite is definitely the shine brush. Don’t ask me how, but it actually does create shine. I used it to straighten my hair the other day and I got compliments on the shine and healthy appearance from my sister and grandma before I even finished the top layer. I’m sold!
What’s your favorite summer hairstyle? What brushes do you use?
Photos by Braden Napier.