This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this blog up and running. Thank you for your support!
January 27, 2014
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #WalgreensBeauty #CollectiveBias
As I have clearly expressed in past blog posts, I’m not the biggest fan of cold weather, but that doesn’t mean I don’t modify my skin care and beauty routine to accommodate the freezing temps and harsh winds. I’ve learned that skin care the first step to a great natural beauty look, so I always make sure to clean my skin regularly and use moisturizer every day.
My go-to destination for all things beauty is always Walgreens. Yes, I do like some high-end stuff that you can only get at a specialty or department store, but there are so many really great beauty items that are affordable AND effective.
Here are my top five Walgreens favorites, all of which I am wearing in the above photos:
1. Aveeno Face Wipes: These shouldn’t be used as your only cleanser, but they are great to get all your makeup off. They’re super gentle and smell nice. I’ve also noticed my skin is clearer when I use these wipes.
2. Olay SPF moisturizer: We all know that moisturizing in the winter is essential–no one wants dried out skin–but did you know you also need SPF in the winter? Don’t skip this important feature, just because you don’t see the sun as much.
3. Physician’s Formula Bronzer: Although I don’t wear as much bronzer in the winter, I still like to sweep a little below my cheekbone to enhance the bone structure. This is the only bronzer I use and I love it year round.
4. E.L.F. eyeliner: I am totally obsessed with E.L.F. products. They are SO affordable, (seriously, as low as $1!!) and really work so great. I got a compliment on the liner just the other day and I love being able to share that I got it at Walgreens for just over a dollar!
5. Maybeline Full & Soft Mascara: I have sworn by this mascara since high school. I LOVE how voluminous it makes my lashes. It also makes them look so much longer. A little tip I can give is to gently curl your lashes with the wand on the underside, while twirling it up and away from your lid. Does that make sense? I always do this and it works wonders.
What are some of your winter beauty tips?
Photos by Johnny Cheng.